Monday, March 15, 2021

Half way through March in below 30 temp and many Birds

I have a large flock of starlings here today.  They seem to be a travel pack including three red-winged blackbirds, three rather large sparrows and a handful of cowbirds.  This, today when earlier were three large turkeys close by to the house and the first pair of bluebirds to ever have eaten here in 23 years.  The bluebirds came on the third day of the special platform feeder put out with mealworms (10 dollars per pound).  

I am reading a book about a starling that raised by hand can talk sentences and sing.  I mentioned to this group here today that at any time there is a call to hand raise one of their young for any reason, please consider me for that job.

I used to be keen on raising a raven until I studied and saw they eat a lot of meat and roadkill everyday.



New Print 
in
Etsy Shop!






No comments:

Post a Comment