Hoffberger has said that “a good museum does more than just have objects that stand there on pedestals. The great ones are all muse-based, connecting viewers to the heart of inspiration.” AVAM's educational goals are another example of the museum's unorthodoxy. They are:
- Expand the definition of a worthwhile life
- Engender respect for and delight in the gift of others
- Increase awareness of the wide variety of choices available in life for all ... particularly students
- Encourage each individual to build upon his or her own special knowledge and inner strengths
- Promote the use of innate intelligence, intuition, self-exploration and creative self-reliance
- Confirm the great hunger for finding out just what each of us can do best, in our own voice, at any age.
- Empower the individual to choose to do that something really, really well.